Total Pageviews

Saturday 15 February 2014

Lush 'Space girl' bathbomb

I have made it my mission to try out every single Lush bathbomb. There are just so many wonderful scents and hidden colour explosions I can't wait for my bathtub to experience. 

I recently purchased the yellow bunty containing this bathbomb and was very excited to use it because it looks so pretty. This bathbomb is pale purple with chunky swirls of red and also covered in glitter. Unfortunately the glitter transferred easily everytime I touched it. Other than that, it was visually appealing and something that would definitely catch my eye. 


The smell of a bathbomb is also so important to me. The ingredients contain Citric acid and Grapefruit oil so I was expecting a 'fruity' scent. Instead I smelt what reminded me of palma violets. The smell was very faint and I only just figured out where I recognised it from. It wasn't an unpleasant scent but it wasn't compelling me to smell it again, which is a shame. I hoped once it was dissolved in the bath water that it would have a more prominent smell. 

I also researched this bathbomb and found out it was created because Lush cosmetics were inspired by The Imagined Villages widely popular song 'Space girl' from their second album, Empire & Love. I got such a warm feeling from knowing this bathbomb was created because the song inspired them. 

Now this bomb contains essential oils which I thought would soften and nourish my skin. Whilst in the tub I did not get that silky feel to my legs which I have experienced with their other bathbombs. Also, when I dried off, my skin felt tight and back to it's dry old self. This was both uncomfortable and very disappointing. 


Space girl fizzed like any other bathbomb when it entered the bath, frothing a reddish trail amongst the bubbles. As exciting as it looks, it didn't last long. It seemed to dissolve immediately only leaving behind a slight purple tinge to the bath water. I also read it contained popping candy but I did not hear or see any evidence of this. 

This bathbomb felt non existent when I was in the bath. I'd hoped for a stronger smell of palma violets but I didn't get a thing. It was completely unlike my other bathbomb experiences from Lush. Overall, it was a pretty bathbomb but it failed for me on so many levels. This bathbomb is £2.25 when bought on it's own. I would not recommend this nor would I repurchase it. 

Have you had a different experience with this bathbomb? Or can you recommend any for me to try? Please leave a comment below, I'd love to hear from you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment