Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 February 2014

My favourite Lipcare products

I'm a big fan of Lush cosmetics becsuse of their fresh, handmade and cruelty free products so I just had to try out their lipscrub. There are 3 wonderful flavours; Bubblegum, Popcorn and Mint julips. My aim is to try all of these as they sound so delicious! I purchased Bubblegum as I am a sucker for sweet, candy smells. 



Before I discovered lip scrubs, taking the dead skin off my lips was hell. I turned into a bit of a lip biter as they were just so chapped (especially in the colder months) so I am grateful for this product. I have a great love for lipsticks so I need smooth lips, as lipsticks are not forgiving and can show many flaws. 

This lipscrub contains castor sugar (to 'scrub' away dead skin) and jojoba oil (to moisturise). There are also natural flavourings to give it that sweet shop candy taste and colours to give it that pop of bright pink that is so appealing. This is all preservative free and suitable for Vegans. 



The method I use is to take a small amount of the product and rub it onto the areas that need the most attention. It buffs the dead skin right off so you can see immediate results. I brush away the remaining sugar so you're left with a lickable Bubblegum flavour which is just wonderful. I use this lipscrub about 3 times a week as my lips are in really bad condition. This scrub is so gentle that it allows me to easily. The sugar is fine and not gritty so it isn't harsh on your lips, so they certainly won't bleed. 

I've had this product since December and I haven't yet made a dent in it. It's definitely a worthy investment with 25g worth of product to use at £5.50. You can buy this online or at your local lush store. 




After I use this scrub, I apply a balm to condition it further. I use many balms like the Maybelline baby lips, but I've been favouring this one lately so I decided to use this one in my blog. This is the Nivea lip butter in Caramel cream. I have so much love for this brand as it has never let me down. This is a delicious flavour and has the most amazing scent, it smells just like creme brulee.

I coat my lips whenever I can. My lips feel so smooth and conditioned, I am so obsessed with this product. Just aswell that it's pocket sized. I feel the price, £2.25, is justified for the amount of product you get, 16.7g.

With caramel scented products you can sometimes miss the mark. Some can either be too sickly sweet and some just too mild to tell. I love the texture of this too! It's softer than most being a butter so it doesn't feel greasy. I find it very long lasting and I also pat this over a matte lipstick to keep some moisture in my lips. 


    

The method I use for applying this is to pat it gently onto my lips instead of just applying too much product so it just sits on there. Most people like to 'kiss' into their lip tins. This is perfectly the right shape to allow you to do this but, being a lip butter, it is very soft so I'd be careful how firmly you press into it. If you do like to spread it on your lips you should take some caution as there is a subtle hint of white that the product will turn out. 

I would definitely recommend this lip butter as I prefer it to petroleum jelly based balms. The lipscrub has also become a desert island product for me. 
Thanks for reading 




1 comment: